Sunday, May 01, 2005

not too happy

Been knocked sideways somewhat by a bit of a crisis re my foster-caring. Going to bed early, seeking the womb. Am starting to poke my head out again, looking at other blogs and the world. At least I'm losing weight, having no appetite. I think I need to abandon foster-caring, for health's sake. A terrible shame as it's a hugely undermanned area (man's the word), with carers trickling away over time. An article in the Messenger from July last year described 'a system wrecked by neglect', in which the number of carers of wards of the state has dropped from 900 in 1997 to between 300 and 400 at the time of the article. Under-resourced, under-protected, the usual story.
Anyway, this is the second time I've been put under a cloud in seven months, and I've had enough. Now I've got to think of making an honest living.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here