Sunday, March 20, 2005

a laugh, kind of

Have been living in the slough of despond lately (no love, no friends, no life) and suffering sleepless nights and I-don-wanna-face-the-day mornings, but something slightly bemusing roused me this morning. A nine am phone call from a woman whose politics I’ve not been able to work out suggested I listen to a radio this morning on child abuse ‘because I might be interested’, and also invited me to a talk to be given next month on the abuses of the media. I like going to these sorts of public lectures, she told me (and so do I but I have nobody to go with, to kick me into gear). Turns out the speaker will be David Flint. I was non-committal.
So what are her politics? The last series of radio talks she told me about was by Noam Chomsky. She’s Polish, a devout catholic, and I think she just takes a naïve interest in all these clever people…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here