Friday, March 18, 2005

time for some html

I think it’s time to bite the bullet and learn some computer code, it’s probably the only way to create a decent blog. The blogger help etc for my current blog isn’t helping much, I can’t even get a photo onto my profile, it keeps asking me for a url for my photo, but I don’t have any photos of myself online. Does a url have to be an internet address? I just don’t get it.
I doubt if learning about html will solve this specific problem, but obviously it’ll give me a bit of flexibility in terms of creating a unique blog, so away I go.
Have done two tutorials out of a seven-day tutorial thing, and have learned quite a lot, like that with any page you view online you can also view its source code, and from it, once you get the language, you should be able to work out how to set things up similarly. I’ll soon be looking at my blog template with a much more learned eye. However I’ve hit a snag in that the script editor or html editor which will allow me to convert text to html isn’t installed on my computer – I need a CD-Rom for it. Does this make sense even to me? Not really, but I’m making strides. Of course, this is all about text, but I do get a feeling that this is essential background to manipulating images too. Embarrassed at not having looked at this sooner.
Next day - I've just downloaded Evrsoft 1st Page 2000, which touts itself as better than Microsoft's built-in script editor (naturellement), because i can't wait for the person who's run off with our Office XP discs to come back. So we'll see how that goes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here